Here’s a recipe we experimented our way to in the instant pot.
Weeknight Braised Chicken
Total time: 1 hour
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 4-5 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 c red wine
- 2 c chicken broth
- Chicken legs (3-4) or drumsticks (6-8), seasoned with salt and pepper
- Handful of parsley or other herbs
- Handful of baby carrots, or other vegetables
- 1 c frozen peas
Plug in that pot. On saute (medium), render the bacon and cook the onions and garlic in the drippings. Deglaze with red wine, and add the chicken, herbs, vegetables, and broth.
Pressure cook on high for 13 minutes, or up to 17 if using big, whole legs—recalling it will take 20 minutes to heat up and start. Manually release the pressure. Remove the chicken legs and vegetables to eat. Strain and de-fat the broth, and use some to warm up the peas.